Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1.5.11

Happy National Whipped Cream Day!

Did you know such a day existed? Neither did I!

Yesterday and today have been busy. I met with my wedding planner at 10:30 yesterday morning to discuss the initial plans we need to get taken care of (nailing down the ceremony and reception venues, budgeting, etc) and so far so good. I think it is VERY much worth it that I hired her... I could not plan a wedding all on my own with so much other stuff going on. And Maria has been extremely helpful, enthusiastic, and a joy to work with. I'm really looking forward to finally having the wedding ceremony of my dreams with the man I love most!

After that meeting, I met with my realtor, Sylvia, to go check out a few houses we're considering. She took me to 5 different homes that I got to tour, and out of the 5 we narrowed that down to 2. Jon and I will be going with Sylvia this weekend to check them out since he didn't get to see them. One of the homes I dreamed about last night... I think that's our perfect home... it has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, a beautiful kitchen and dining area, nice living room, and just feels and looks amazing. I really hope we can get that home, I look forward to decorating it and upgrading a few things (we found out we are eligible for the first time homebuyer's tax credit since Jon was deployed last year... they extended it to April of this year, yay!) and I can't wait to add another member to our family to live there with us.

After THAT meeting, the "baby whisperer" came over... she has been coming out to visit me every so often since I was pregnant with Tyler, she's from the Navy Fleet & Family Support Center and basically just comes out to give me information and advice on parenting and whatnot, and to check on Tyler's progress... some people might think that's a little invasive or weird, but to be honest I don't think I would be half the mommy I am without her help and info. She's been great... and I have the number for the child development resource center so we can call and get Tyler evaluated for possible speech therapy. He babbles PLENTY and loves to tell you what's on his mind... in his own crazy language. He just isn't saying very many understandable words yet, which is a small concern. So we'll keep tabs on that process...

Then last night I had cheerleading practice. I coach peewee cheerleading through my church league, and my squad consists of eight 5-6 year old girls. They are a bunch of fun, but they can be exhausting too! We started working on their little dance routine last night, they were so excited, but I haven't chosen music for it just yet. I'm still narrowing down possibilities... but they know the moves, which is good.

Today... had to go to Jon's base and get some military paperwork taken care of. Then tomorrow I need to get my parking permit for school, buy my textbooks for class, and Friday I have orientation. AHH! What a busy week. I think on Sunday I don't want to do much of anything at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment