Sunday, January 2, 2011

1.2.11

Nothing much exciting going on today, it was a lazy Sunday afternoon spent just relaxing and doing nothing. The weather outside was rainy and blah so we didn't want to go anywhere or do much of anything. We DID spend this afternoon watching Despicable Me together though, which I thought was a really cute movie.

What wasn't so cute, however, was when Tyler got a hold of my spoon I had been using to eat chili with, and proceeded to bang on the coffee table, leaving a TON of little nicks in the wood. Ouch. Looks like we'll be busting out some sandpaper and re-staining the surface sometime in the near future...

It's going to be a busy week for me. Tomorrow Jon and I are finally going to add me to his Tricare so I can get in and see a doctor about getting my IUD taken out so my body can start regulating itself again to prepare for pregnancy later this year. I also need to stop by school and get my campus parking pass. Oh, and pick up my text books for class. Tuesday I'll be meeting with the wedding planner in the morning, the realtor around lunch time, and the "baby whisperer" later in the afternoon. Friday I have orientation. Oy!

Jon and I decided today we are limiting ourselves to only 2 hours of electronics access a day (by that I mean I am only allowed 2 hours on my laptop, he's only allowed 2 hours on his Xbox). We both have become highly addicted to these things and really need to cut back... and I would like to start working on "mom hobbies" like learning to use the sewing machine Jon bought for me and finishing knitting the scarf I started working on last month. I'd like to learn to sew cloth diapers so I can make up a stash of newborn sized ones for the future baby, but that is going to be a big challenge. We'll see if that idea even materializes, since I have a full workload with my school schedule and want to make sure I work extremely hard to do well and get this degree done and over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment