Saturday, January 15, 2011

1.15.11

So glad this first week of school is over. I went from having near-anxiety attacks, to feeling okay about school, to getting sick at the end of the week and not wanting to be in classes at all... it was an interesting start to my first semester. I just need to control the little voices in my head... the ones that try to talk me out of it and convince me that my associate's degree is good enough and I can do fine getting a job and not to stick it out with school. But I KNOW better. I just keep thinking, in 2-3 years I will be finished, and how quickly 2-3 years can go by... I mean, Tyler will be 2 years old in May and it's crazy to think how fast his first 2 years of life have already gone by... and that this year it will have been 3 years ago that I found out I was pregnant with him. So putting it in that kind of perspective isn't so bad. Also, that I finished my associate's degree in 2 years (and that was only part time, and taking online classes, while working full time) so if I could manage that, surely I can manage being a full time student to get this done. After all, I'll be working the next 40 years of my life anyway, so what's a short 3 year pause to get educated and have a potential better salary?!?

Anyway... this morning we had our house inspection for the new house we're going to buy. It went very well... I was amazed at how thorough the inspector was. He found things I would not have even thought of checking for. So we only need a few repairs and fixes from the owners and it should be good to go. I still fall in love when we go over there and look at it... I can't believe soon it will be OUR house. And we will be able to make our own memories, add another member to our family, have friends and family over to visit, and enjoy the beauty of our very own home. I am so proud to be reaching this milestone in my life, of becoming a homeowner.

I was joking on my Facebook earlier that you know you're getting old when you get excited about planning your yardwork for your house and being excited about a Legion membership... yup I have an American Legion membership. And I never really utilized my benefits but will be doing so this year... especially since we will be having our wedding reception at our local Legion. Sometimes I just feel like an old soul... a lot of people my age (well, I'm thinking more like celebrities) are still out partying and having fun and getting smashed and sleeping around... but I am honestly happy to be "settled" right now. I love being a wife, having my own family, raising my son, and going to bed at a decent hour. I don't think I would want life any other way. Sure, my life plan may have gone backwards (I always wanted to finish college first, start a career, get married, and then have children... but I ended up getting pregnant with Tyler, signing up for online classes and finishing my associate's degree, then got married, and now I'm going back to college to have a good career!) but it has worked out well. A girl I was stationed with on the USS Bataan said to me that it's impossible to plan for children or life really, because things always happen when you least expect them to. And she was right.

I'm just looking forward to everything in store for this year. I thought last year was going to be big and important, but this year is looking like it will be pretty huge too!

No comments:

Post a Comment